Christmas can be a sad and lonely time for a child in out-of-home care. They are away from their families, they have had numerous disappointments in their young lives and have little hope that things will change. By fulfilling one small wish they have for Christmas, the message of love and hope is given to these children. The philosophy for Secret Santa is that for once a child should be able to ask for what they want, no matter how silly it may seem, and get exactly what they wish for. A 12 year old cannot believe that she can ask for something that costs more than $10 dollars! Another child does not believe in Santa because Santa has never visited him! Wow! YOU can make a difference.
Our Secret Santa program was created in 1989 and that year 69 children were provided a Christmas. Now, the number of children benefiting from our program has grown from 69 to over 800. CAB works directly with DHS to help provide a Christmas for all of the children in the Cleveland County foster care program. We work throughout the year raising money and finding shoppers for our children. Wish lists are gathered from the children, given to community shoppers or shopped for by CAB itself to fill the lists. About a week before Christmas, the gifts are distributed and delivered so Christmas morning will bring a smile to their face and send a little warmth and hope to their hearts. Santa must deliver!
If you are interested in becoming an elf this Christmas please call us at (405) 579-5000 or complete the Elf Form below.
Or, you may also send in a donation and CAB will do the shopping. Just visit our online donation page with your generous donation.
Mail Donations to
Citizen’s Advisory Board
PO Box 581
Norman, OK 73070
Elf Gift Drop Off Information
Gifts may be turned in beginning November 30, 2020.
The community deadline for gift turn-ins is Thursday, December 10 at 4:00 pm.
Drop off location:
West Gray Medical
419 West Gray St, in Norman from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
*The public is invited to a community viewing of the gifts on Tuesday, December 15, from 2:00pm to 6:00 p.m. at the Cleveland County Fairgrounds. For more information please email email@example.com.
*Masks and social distancing will be required.
To receive email notification of our Secret Santa event next year please send your email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in becoming an Elf this year and helping out a child in Cleveland County. Please read the instructions below on how to become an Elf and shop for your child.
1. Call 579-5000 and select option for “Secret Santa”. The office will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. You can leave a message any time that we don’t answer and we will get back to you. You may also obtain a list by emailing specifying the information in #2 below in your email or you can click here and fill out the ELF CARD.
2. You will be able to select the age and gender of your child(ren). You will also be given a dollar amount to be spent on each child along with any special information that might help with gift selection. You may, of course, add as many extra items as you would like.
3. The Wish List dollar guidelines per child are as follows (Don’t forget you may share a list with other shoppers):
0-2 years – $50
3-4 years – $75
5-10 years – $100
11-18 years – $125
4. Don’t forget to save your receipts. C.A.B. is a 501(c)3 organization and your donation is completely tax deductible since you personally receive only the pleasure of helping children in foster care or receiving preventive services. Fill in the receipt at the bottom of your wish list email, attach your shopping receipts and keep for your tax records.
5. ALL GIFTS should be delivered to us UNWRAPPED AND MARKED WITH THE CHILD’S NAME AND CONTROL NUMBER to West Gray Medical 419 West Gray Street, Norman, OK 73069, dates and times for turn in will be specified on your wish list letter.
Make a difference this season and become a shopping Elf for us and one lucky child this Christmas! It’s easy and will fill your heart with joy. Simply complete the form below with your information and we’ll be in contact with you soon.